Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday fun

What a fun day. The only thing that would have made it better is if Daddy were here. Oh well, the girls had an adventurous day and lots to blog about.


I checked this video out from the library. Mary seems to be enjoying all the silly songs. This is by far the best dancing she's ever done in one continuous burst. I wish my camera could record longer than 15 sec.



After her afternoon nap, we decided to head to the Air Force base for their Christmas fun day. This week was beautiful and warm (mid-70's) and all of a sudden it turned cold and rainy this weekend. At least it felt more like Christmas. This was Mary first parade. I figured it would be in the morning and we had missed it. Ends up, we arrived just in time for the last few groups and...

SANTA!
Perfect timing. I guess people in the parade felt bad that we were sitting all by ourselves, so they ran across the street to give Mary candy. I didn't have the heart to tell them "no thanks". Mary held a tootsie roll in her hand until we left the base. It was pretty cute. And now I have lots of candy to eat or throw away. It's worse than Halloween. I don't remember all the candy as a kid.


I had to enlarge this picture so you could see her hair. Can you believe she sat still long enough to braid pigtails? It was pretty cute...until the wind blew all the straggly pieces in her face.


After the parade finished, we were a good distance from all the fun activities, but we decided to walk it instead of driving closer. Mary went running after Santa. I ran in front of her just so I could get a pic. Yes Jamie, that's the sweater your mom knitted Mary. It still fits!

I love the military. Santa had a cute little house and a nice long line for photos. I was expecting a big price tag and willing to pay it. Ends up, it was $2 for a Polaroid or free if you used your own camera. I guess you know which option I chose. No sense paying when I figured she'd do this. Of course, now that I look at the pictures, I realize Santa looks a bit creepy and I'd probably scream and cry if my Mommy put me on his lap too.

I'm going to keep my eye out for another Santa. It sure was a nice Airman that got all dressed up, but yeah...creepy.

No comments: