So if you will remember, ditsy moment #1 was when Doug was out of town a few months ago and I had to call the tow truck to come jump start my battery and all he ended up doing was putting it in park and turning the ignition.
Here's #2: I was driving Mary to the post office to check mail when the car started shaking and making a sound like someone was hammering on it. I seriously was praying that I would make it there. After the post office, I was hoping the car would magically be ok, but it was still doing that funny thing. I was planning on going straight to the commissary next, but feared I wouldn't make it, so we headed home to switch cars. We have to pick up Doug from the airport tonight, so I was thinking about having to get him in his car when I noticed a "!" lit up on the dashboard. "Hmmm, what does that mean?" Suddenly I looked down and realized I had my emergency brake on! As soon as I released it, the car was back to normal. Hooray!!!! Good thing I was on base the whole time and the speed limit is only about 15 mi/hr. We did a quick U-turn and went to the grocery store. It will be good to have him home again. I think I need a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment