My favorite, and most commonly heard, Maryism- "Mom, I love my brother today". This always cracks me up. Today? Well
today, I made that comment public for everyone to see...at least the people we saw while we were out and about...and those reading this blog.
 |
Lesson learned, don't print something with so much color on a onesie- there's too much stretch and the transfer cracks and looks horrible. We made a quick stop to a local store and I picked up a t-shirt and made a replacement for this afternoon. (PS, there was no wind, that's Adam's crazy bed head)
This morning, after running a few errands, we decided to check out the big A&W towards Naha. A&W is really popular here. They're everywhere...even on base. It's almost like the Okinawans are trying to recreate a piece of America from back in the 50's. (Wait, did they have A&W's back then?) Maybe it's the drive up stalls and old fashioned "car hop" appeal that they like. Of course, they don't have cute girls on roller skates delivering, but the men and women who bring you your food, dressed in the standard ugly orange and brown polyester uniforms complete the service with a bow. Pretty classy. If you choose not to eat in your car, they also have a big restaurant and an amazing playground. It's really not as far a drive as I thought it would be ~10min. give or take traffic/road construction. We found out the playground opens at 9am (YEA!) and there's no obligation to eat there (but we did, since it seems like cruel and unusual punishment to put me near fries and not let me get any). The kids had a blast...and so did I.
  My swinging girl!
 |
The playground was amazing! There were 6 slides! We learned quickly that sandals and sand aren't compatible. Mary couldn't stand it when it got trapped in her shoes (every 2 seconds), so she ended up taking them off. Yes, she was the only kid there without shoes. Ahh, the rude Americans.
 |
| That's one happy kid. |
Adam was super happy that other kids brought balls.
Thankfully, the Japanese are great sharers. It took him a good 45 min. before he started eating the sand! Ahh, maybe at 15 months, my boy is starting to grow up. The little Japanese moms were appalled that he would eat it. Ha! You should have seen him months ago! This is nothing. I figured he was hungry, so we bee lined it inside for lunch.
Ahh, it's fry time!
Ha,ha,ha! He's not so sure about the smiley face potato cake at first, but ended up eating two!
|
|
So that was our busy, sandy, wiggly and giggly adventure. I'm thinking this is a definite repeat place to come to...of course, next time we'll come armed with balls and our shovel and pail. All this fun and excitement makes me think I love my kids today.
2 comments:
Love the shirts. Reminds me of matching I Shot J.R. shirts that my brother and I wore back in the day.
The shirts are Great!
Post a Comment