Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Everyone says cherish these moments, they grow up too fast. Man, they weren't kidding. I look at Mary and see glimpses of the woman she will become and of course, being the crazy, emotional mother that I am, I get all teary eyed. I know I'll be balling my eyes out her first day of school, her first date, her graduation, college. Heck, I almost lost it today when we went to preschool story time at the library. Seeing her sitting with all the "big kids" up front listening to the books made me proud of her independence and confidence, sad that she didn't want to sit with me, and relieved that she wasn't misbehaving like some of the other kids. I know that one day she'll grow up and move away, but today, I think I'll give her an extra big squeeze and tell her not to grow up too fast.

A quick trip to the playground to burn a little energy.
Then on to storytime at the library!

Getting stamps at the end for being good listeners.

No comments: