Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dye time, rhyme time!

It looks dirty. What should we do? "I can clean it!", volunteered the child, age 2. She dried it and wiped it. She cleaned it and swiped it. With grit and determination and heart and soul. Oh no! A tiny crack, a line, a fissure, a HOLE! So rest in peace little egg, little egg. "I'm so glad the others are clean", the 2 yr old said.

We chose to dye the Easter eggs this morning so hopefully any dye that stained Mary's hands would be worn off by tomorrow. She had a great time decorating them. I had to take a deep breath and let go of my need to make them all pretty and perfect. We ended up having a great time.

Oops! Wardrobe malfunction!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coloring Easter eggs. One of the great joys of the season. Looks like a success to me. Mary's eye is really looking better, too. Happy Easter to you!