Today, we went to Mary's 5 yr check up. I love listening to how her mind works. Here's our conversation while in the exam room waiting for the doctor.
Mary: Mom, when I'm a doctor, I'm going to work here and you can pick me up afterward.
Me: When you're grown up enough to be a doctor, you can drive yourself home. Besides, we won't live together anymore.
Mary: I will always live with you.
Me: Oh no you won't. Not if I do a good job being your mother.
Mary: Mom, you made me born, so you have to keep me for the rest of your life.
Me: (Smiling) Yes, I made you and I will always always keep you, but do I live with my parents? Does Daddy live with his parents? Part of growing up means moving out and living alone or with your husband and making your own special family.
Mary: Ok, but you can live next door and be my neighbor.
Me: Yes I can.
She's growing up too quickly. By the way, she's 3 foot 8.5 inches and 45 lbs. 70-80% for her age in height and weight. Our tall healthy girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment