Saturday, November 27, 2010
Happy Birthday to me
Another year older, another year wiser (stop laughing, Doug), another year happier. What a great birthday this year. Mary kept asking me when my friends would come over for my party. Approximately 10 "why?" questions later, she finally understood that I wasn't going to have one. Ah, kids. Doug surprised me with a pedicure gift certificate as did my wonderful girlfriends. If you've ever taken a gander at my tootsies, you would know that is money well spent. My friend, Nicole, started the day off right by treating me to mango pancakes at Climax Coffee. Yum! Mary, Adam and I then had a nice time at the playground and we finished the day with a favorite comfort meal of pork chops and spaetzles. Last night, we hired a babysitter and escaped to Four Seasons Steak house; teppanaki, Japanese style. It was a-maze-ing. Garlic steak tenderloin with shrimp (lobster for Doug) and garlic fried rice. The vampires were in fear of us last night (and possibly this morning too). On a funny note, we both ordered a glass of the house red. The waitress set a glass on the table and as she was starting to pour she said, "Say stop." Huh? We were a bit confused but as she kept pouring and pouring we figured out what she meant and Doug said, "stop?" when it was dangerously close to the edge. I wonder if she would have let it spill over if we hadn't said anything. I didn't want to look greedy, so I said, "Stop" when it was at least 1/4 of an inch from the top. Hey, when you're paying $5 a glass, you might as well get your money's worth, right? What a great evening. And this morning, my birthday week wraps up with quiet, alone time, listening to the relaxing sound of a water fountain, eating a cup of vanilla ice-cream with corn flakes (what?), while receiving a fabulous pedicure. I'm thinking 36 is going to be a great year. Happy birthday to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like you really enjoyed your birthday! A special day for a special woman!
Post a Comment