Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mary and I ran to the local grocery store this afternoon for won ton wrappers. Of course, I couldn't find them on base at the commissary, but it was fun getting out. So we're walking through the store and there's a tempura stand with a cute little man selling all sorts of delicious fried goodies. I guess I looked too long cause he offered me a green bean. Yum. I love tempura beans. Oops, NOT a bean. It was a small skinny fish! It actually tasted pretty good, but when you're in thinking green bean and biting into fish, it's a bit of a shock. Also, the idea of eating the head and tail was kinda gross. I think I hid my expression pretty well. I smiled and waved and made a bee line to the oranges and the free sample there. You can bet I'll take a second look the next time I eat a green bean.

No comments: