For those of you without facebook accounts, I've posted the picture collage here. We had a great time in Kyoto. I was really nervous about all of us in 1 hotel room. Adam's used to us putting him down in the crib and walking away and he puts himself to sleep. Not so easy when he has a sister and his parents to look at. We learned quickly, that Mary and I had to escape to bath time and let Doug put Adam down. We also quickly realized the Japanese version of the crib was too small for Adam. The bars only came to his waist and he would have fallen out the moment we turned our back. Luckily, we got a triple bed room and one was pushed right up against the wall, so that became ours (mine and his). Naps were impossible but it made bedtime easier. Of course, us turning out the lights, laying in bed with the kids and "pretending" to be asleep to help them fall asleep caused us all to drift off at 8pm the first night. Here are a few things I learned on our trip: When your 3 yr old removes a toothpick from the toothpick holder (at the restaurant), uses it to stir her tea, then puts it back in the holder...it's gone forever. To the person who finds the wet toothpick, all I can say is "I'm sorry." A playground is a playground. Doesn't matter if it has the best equipment or just plain grass. All is good when you can run and play. Shrine dirt tastes like regular dirt. playground dirt tastes like regular dirt. Adam will put anything and everything in his mouth. We have some wonderful travelling kids, but we're skipping the ice festival in February. We're exhausted.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment