The Doctor Fish, that is. I've heard about them, talked to people that have experienced them, but never actually tried it myself. I found a coupon the other day for 200 yen off (@$2.56) and couldn't resist. It's definitely something unique to say that I've done.
Doctor fish are members of the carp family...only much smaller than the typical carp (good thing). They live in fresh water and eat dead skin cells. It is said that they became famous when Cleopatra developed a fondness for it. According to the brochure, "While you soak in the hot spring, the doctor fish nibble off your old skin cells, which is not only effective for making your skin more beautiful, but also makes you feel as if you are being given a comfortable, relaxing infrasonic massage." All I know is, my feet were in horrible condition going in, I felt like I had hundreds of tiny fish tickling my feet and legs, I actually felt a tiny bit queasy seeing them attack my feet like starving fish on, well, dead skin, and afterward, my feet were in much better condition. No, not magically fixed and transformed back to when I was in my twenties (I think I need a belt sander for that), but at least they don't look like they belong on an 80 yr old any longer. Overall, I would give the experience a "thumbs up." If you get the chance, I'd try out some Doctor Fish...at least to say you've done it.
***WARNING*** The following pictures are not for the faint-hearted.
This is what happened immediately after I put my feet in the pool.
Feeding frenzy!
You can tell that I'd been there a while, since there weren't as many swarming me. I guess the fish were starting to get full. Ha,ha,ha!





No comments:
Post a Comment