Thursday, August 19, 2010

It makes me tired just watching

I always put Adam down in his crib while he's awake and walk away. This is supposed to teach him how to put himself to sleep and to self sooth if he wakes during the night (according to all the parenting books and magazines). I frequently hear him in there bouncing around, babbling or what not. This is when I seriously wish for one of those video monitors, but I know I wouldn't get anything done. I'd just sit and watch him the whole time and my blog would go down the drain. Ahem! Those of you in the family that haven't posted in like, forever. You know who you are. Anyway, today I gently cracked open his door, slid the camera around and hit "record" on the video setting. You can tell he saw the camera, but since he didn't see me, he didn't get upset. This is what I saw:

Nap time today


It worked. Now it's my turn (not the jumping, just the napping).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he moves around this much when it's nap time and one assumes he is tired, how much does he move around after his nap?

The Putthoffs said...

He's constant motion when awake.

Laura said...

Why do have a felling that comment about blog posts was directed at me?? Hmmmm, naw, couldn't be me!!!