Thursday, February 18, 2010

The latest edition of Mary-isms

(Mary on the potty. Kendra on the computer. Doug home from work early. Mary yells, "All done! Doug decides to help. I bet he wished he stayed at work a few minutes longer)

DOUG: "Mary? Did you go poo-poo? Hey! Is that poop on your potty seat? Why is there poop on your seat? Did you touch it? Let me see your hands. You didn't touch it? Are you sure? How'd it get there? Let me wipe you. KENDRA!!!"

KENDRA: (sigh) "Mary, how did you get poop on your potty seat?! Ahhhh! Don't touch your face! Get up. How did you do that? Let me get the lysol wipes. Now I have to clean your seat. Yes, it's disgusting. Yes, it drives me crazy. Yes, don't do it again. Gross! Flush the toilet and wash your hands. Don't touch your face! Eeeiikkk, don't touch me!"

Needless to say, she immediately went into the bathtub for some much needed soaking and scrubbing. (Sigh)


And just today...

I took a shower and was drying my hair with my towel when Mary walked up and said, "Mommy using towel?" Me: "yes, I'm drying my hair." Mary: "I put boogie on towel." Me: "Excuse me? You put a boogie on my towel?" Mary: "Yes." Me: (Groan) "Mary, gross." Mary: "don't do that again." Me: "yes, don't do that again." Mary: "that's disgusting." Yes it is.

No comments: