Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Doug!



Doug really milked this birthday, but I guess when you turn 40, then it's ok. Friday the 10th was the actual day day and per Doug's request, we had a baked whole sea bass (Sicilian style), broccoli risotto, fresh french bread with roasted garlic spread, salad and chocolate cake. Saturday night was parent's night out, so we put Mary in the day care and went to dinner over at a new friend's house. It's too, was Italian night since the couple had moved here from Naples and the other couple that was there was stationed in Sicily with us 6 years ago. Pasta with shrimp and clams, caponata (roasted marinated veggies), Cesar salad, bruschetta olives and of course the obligatory lemoncello (Yum- ok I had a tiny sip...or two) were on the menu. Tonight finished off the celebration with good friends and yes, more Italian. I asked Doug if that was too much Italian, but he said the Italians eat it everyday and they just call it food. He requested a spinach lasagna. So, Melissa, Kaye, Nicole and Mary's friend, Jessica came to dinner for lasagna, homemade bread, salad and Nicole's wonderful apple pie and ice cream. Thanks Ladies, we had a great time.

So one might think this particular blog is all about food, but I do have to mention that I have a fantastic husband. Thank you Doug, for all the ways you make my life better. You are a terrific husband, father and friend. I love you so much. Here's to another 40!

No comments: