Monday, June 22, 2009
When you're in the military you move a lot. You get used to having multiple items in your house because either 1) you forgot you had it, so you bought another, 2) you knew you had it, but couldn't find it, so you bought another or 3) you need it desperately at the moment even though you know another one is in your household goods shipment that will arrive in a week. Case in point, my razor. I used to have so many disposable razors. I bought a multi pack in Kansas when we moved there and suddenly I seemed to have razor overload once our shipment from Hawaii arrived. I had packs everywhere. Fast forward to this weekend...I looked at my razor in the shower and realized it's the same one I've been using for a whole year!!!! Ok, it will officially be a year this coming Wednesday. I figured, it's about time I throw it away and get another. That's why it's called a disposable after all. Can I find another one? Nope. I looked everywhere...the medicine cabinet, under the bathroom counter, in drawers, in linen closets, in that strange basket tucked away in my closet that holds a little bit of everything. No razors. Where did they go? Probably packed away in storage in Kansas and I won't see them again for 2 more years. So I broke down and bought myself a new 4 pack. Doug said that should last me until we move again. I have to admit, I'm kinda nervous about breaking in the new one. The old one was like a trusted friend. It never cut me (heck, it was so dull I'm surprised it even cut), we'd been through a lot together (a whole year's worth) and it was familiar. Now, I'm scared I'm going to nick myself like crazy. I'll be completely honest, it's been 2 days and I still haven't gotten up the nerve to use it yet. Maybe tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment